Sunday, February 10, 2013

Making it

Hi there, blog that I have! I totally still exist.

Sorry for the long radio silence. It's been...tough. But it's been doable. I think I've turned a corner. I think I may make it through this. Maybe that's just the week of vacation talking, but I'll take it.

Work has been absolutely insane. I just finished up one of the hardest rotations of first year. I was carrying up to ten patients, running around like a crazy person. I was completely overwhelmed most if the time, and I cried on my way home from work fairly frequently. But, as my dear friend Meg pointed out, that's sort of normal. And also, I kind of liked it.

At the very least, I wasn't bored.

I do feel sad that I miss so much of Bear's babyhood, there's no getting around that. But, you know what? Bear's doing great. He's a happy, healthy little dude. He is lucky enough to get to stay home with his amazing dad during the day and snuggle me every night (or at least every night that I'm not on call). So I can live with that.

It goes by so fast. It's good and bad. But residency will be over before I know it. And I will learn a boatload of medicine. And Bear won't even remember this crazy time.

No comments:

Post a Comment